Collection and Use of Information
Of further note about the information we collect:
- Registration Information: When you register with the Site, we collect your name and the contact information you provide. You may update or change your registration information by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You have an obligation to provide us accurate and updated information.
- Communications: When you register with the Site, you are opting in to receive communications from us or about DCREH, including promotional, marketing, and advertising information and recommendations that DCREH believes may be of interest to you. Consistent with applicable laws, including United States CAN-SPAM laws, you can opt out of certain email communications by clicking “unsubscribe” on those communications, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us.
- Automatically Collected Information: We collect and may store information about your use of the Site, such as your search activity, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit. We also collect and may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Site, such as your browser type and version, type of computer or mobile device, computer connection, browser language, IP address, ad data, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, Wi-Fi connection, geo- location, and requested and referring URLs.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Please note we do not change system behavior of the Site in response to browser requests not to be tracked.
Sharing Your Information
We may share the information we collect about you with third parties in connection with your use of the Site. Our information-sharing with third parties falls into these categories and purposes:
- Agents, Contractors, Business Partners and Service Providers: We may share your information with our agents, contractors, business partners or other service providers and third parties as needed to host, operate, and carry out the performance and functionality of the Site, improve the Site, fulfill your requests, facilitate relevant marketing, or provide customer support.
- Aggregate Information: DCREH may share information relating to visitors and users of the Site with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an aggregate basis. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to associate this aggregated data with your personal data.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, subsidiaries, or the public. Account Termination and Data Retention
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or register with the Site at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Site from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years has registered with the Site, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our systems.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Site, and you do so at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Sites
California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents can request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (a) a list of the categories of personal information and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To make such a request from us, if entitled, please write to us at 555 Bryant Street, Suite 259, Palo Alto, CA 94301. We will respond to such properly addressed written requests. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
Last updated: March 6, 2018